The Williams Gymnasium opened in 1907 with hot and cold running water and electricity, something the town of Covington had yet to experience.
Oxford College Athletic Facilities are not open to the public, and for Oxford College Students, Staff, Faculty and Alumni only.
If you are a group interested in renting an athletic facility, please contact Pete Sherrard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Weight-Fitness Room:
Located in the mezzanine upstairs, next to the aerobic room, provides Oxford students, faculty, and staff an opportunity to tone and strengthen their bodies by exercising with free weights, cybex machines, and an array of fitness and exercise machines.
- Every participant must use a towel on all machines, wipe upholstery and cardio equipment
- Presence in the weight room requires proper attire and foot wear.
- Sandals, hiking boots, and jeans are not permitted
- No gum, tobacco products, food or drinks (water only) are allowed inside the weight room
- Weights and benches must be returned to their proper place after use No glass product of any sort is permitted inside the weight room
Weight Room Hours of Operation (Spring 2013)
- Monday thru Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00 am / 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Friday: 8:15am - 10:00am / 3:00pm - 8:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
**Staff/Faculty only on M/W/F from 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Located adjacent to the weight room, this room accommodates nightly aerobic and fitnessclasses. The room can also be used as a dance studio.
- Presence in the aerobic room requires proper attire and foot wear.
- Sandals, hiking boots, and jeans are not permitted No gum, tobacco products, food or drinks (water only) are allowed inside the aerobic room
- To sign up to participate in the nightly aerobic and fitness classes, desired participants must contact the Center of Healthful Living office.
- No glass product of any sort is permitted inside the aerobic room
Oxford's pool is used for swimming, scuba, and PE classes.
- Presence in the pool requires proper attire and foot wear.
- Cut off jeans of any type are not permitted
- No gum, tobacco products, food or drinks (water only) are allowed inside the pool
- No glass product of any sort is permitted inside the pool area
Pool Hours-Open Swim (Spring 2013)
- Monday: 1:00p-3:00p / 7:30pm - 9:45pm
- Tuesday: 7:30pm - 9:45pm
- Wednesday: 1:00p-3:00p / 7:30pm - 9:45pm
- Thursday: 7:30pm - 9:45pm
- Friday: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: 7:30pm - 9:45pm
This multipurpose gym is used for Physical Education classes, intramural sports such as volleyball, indoor soccer, basketball, badminton, and intercollegiate basketball.
- No gum, tobacco products, food or drinks (water only) are allowed inside Williams Gymnasium
- Non marking sole shoes are the only shoes to be used inside gym area
- No glass product of any sort is permitted inside the Williams Gymnasium
One of Oxford's finest facilities is comprised of ten tennis courts (4 lighted) and a double sided practice wall. This facility houses intramural and recreational tennis matches as well as our nationally ranked intercollegiate tennis teams.
- No gum, tobacco products, food or drinks (water only) are allowed inside the tennis center
- Non marking sole shoes are the only shoes to be used to play in tennis center
- No glass product of any sort is permitted inside the tennis center
Tennis Court Open Hours (Spring 2013)
Monday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Oxford's Soccer Field:
- This field is used for outdoor intramural sports, school events, and the intercollegiate women's soccer team.
- Cleats must be plastic/rubber and molded to the shoe (No metal or screw-in cleats)
- No glass product of any sort is permitted in the soccer field
Sand Volleyball Court:
- These facilities are used primarily for intramural sports and recreational usage.
- No glass product of any sort is permitted in these areas
- The intramurals and recreation office highly recommends proper attire to be woren.
- No gum, tobacco products, food or drinks (water only) are allowed in any of these facilities
- Games are limited to an hour if someone else is waiting to use facilities
Various athletic and fitness equipment can be checked out to meet exercise needs of students, faculty, and staff.
Policies and Guidelines
- For private functions, the office of intramurals and recreation requires that a reservation request form be submitted at least 48 hours prior to the desired function. Efforts will be made to provide the facility but no guarantees can be extended due to scheduling and staff availability.
- In addition to any policies and guidelines listed herein, participants must also adhere to Health and Safety guidelines and any other staff's professional discretion