An F-1 student is eligible to transfer to another DHS-approved school if s/he has maintained valid legal status, has carried a full course of study at the school last attended, and can provide financial documentation required to attend the new school.
If you intend to transfer FROM Oxford College to a new institution, you need to:
- Inform Int’l Student Programs Office that you intend to transfer to another school.
- Provide your International Student Advisor with a copy of your admission letter.
- Contact both International Student Advisor and the DSO at your new school regarding the actual release date of your SEVIS record. [Keep in mind that once your record has been released to another school, Oxford College of Emory can no longer access your SEVIS record and consequently cannot reverse the release. Therefore, it is imperative that you be certain of your admission status and of your decision to transfer to a given school].
- Ask your International Student Advisor to sign the Transfer Clearance Form from the new institution if required, and to release your record in SEVIS on a given date.
- Report to the Designated School Official at the new institution within 15 days of the program start date on your new I-20 to complete the transfer procedure.