Oxford College Information Technology offers a small number of laptops that may be borrowed by faculty or staff on a first come, first serve basis. These laptops are available for presentations and conferences and may be used for up to one week.
To request a loaner laptop from OCIT:
- Fill out an AskIT form
- Requests need to be submitted at least 7 days in advance to give time to prepare and make computer ready for pickup.
- A laptop can be kept for 72 hours
- The laptop will need to be picked up and returned back to OCIT by the requestor by the date.
- The requestor will be contacted with the availability and time to pick up the laptop from OCIT
Laptop Computer Loan Program Policies
- The equipment is on loan for a period of one week. When the loan has ended, all equipment and accessories shall be returned to OCIT in good working order.
- No software or programs are to be installed on the computer. If additional software or programs are needed, OCIT will be notified and will handle the installation of the software or programs.
- Operating System and Anti-virus programs will be kept updated with the most recent patches. If help is needed with this, OCIT will be notified and will handle the installation of the updates/patches.
- The equipment shall be maintained in good working order and is the responsibility of the above named person. In the event of loss or damage, an appropriate charge will be assessed to allow replacement of the equipment.
- All Emory University IT Policies must be adhered to. These policies can be found on the Emory University IT site.