Campus Police use wheel lock/boots to immobilize vehicles on the Oxford College campus that are in violation of college parking rules and regulations.
The violation of the following rules could result in the immediate wheel locking of the vehicle from Oxford College property with removal and storage costs at the operator/owner's expense:
- parking on closed sections of quadrangle; blocking any fire emergency entrance to the campus;
- falsified information discovered after purchasing permit;
- use of lost or stolen permit;
- three delinquent parking tickets to an unregistered vehicle;
- parking in handicap zone;
- creating a safety hazard by parking in fire lane;
- parking in non-marked or grass areas. * parking on any bricked areas
- Vehicles found parked illegally may be booted. To remove the wheel boot you will be required to pay the boot fee removal of $100.00 and any outstanding parking tickets. Payment must be made at the Financial Services Office located at Seney Hall Room 107 during business hours (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM) Monday through Friday. Payment methods accepted are at the discretion of the Financial Services Office.
- Any wheel lock/boot discovered by a student after the close of the Financial Services Office (4:00 pm Monday - Friday) must be reported to Campus Police. Campus Police will make arrangements to remove the wheel boot after normal business hours for the Financial Services Office. The student’s account will be billed for the removal of the wheel boot and any outstanding parking fines.
FEES FOR VIOLATIONS
The Oxford College Financial Services Office is authorized to collect all parking fines by billing the student account. A student who receives a ticket and does not wish to appeal does not need to make any reporting action. Students who wish to appeal a parking ticket should file an appeal online. (See directions below under Appeals Process).
Faculty, staff, or visitors who receive a parking ticket should make payment at the Financial Services Office located at Seney Hall Room 107, and the original copy of the ticket should be submitted to the Financial Services Office at time of payment. Those who wish to appeal a parking ticket should file an appeal online. (See directions below under Appeals Process).
Parking permits will not be issued to faculty/staff that have outstanding fines from a previous academic year. Excessive violations for faculty and staff will be reported to the C.E.O. of Oxford College for administrative sanctions. Excessive violations for students will be reported to Campus Life for Conduct Board proceedings.
Citations will be issued for the following:
- Registration / Display Violations: failure to register, failure to properly display a hangtag so that the permit number can be seen through the front windshield, failure to replace a damaged or defaced hangtag, displaying an expired parking permit. EACH OFFENSE: $35.00.
- Giving false or incorrect information with on-line registration, use of a stolen, altered, lost, or fraudulent parking permit. EACH OFFENSE: $100.00.
- Illegal Parking including parking out of proper areas (zone), out of space, parked in visitor spaces, overtime parking in loading/unloading spaces and timed spaces. (Note that as many as two parking tickets can be issued every 12 hours in any 24 hour period in any timed space). EACH OFFENSE: $35.00.
- Fire hydrant, fire lane, loading zones, entranceways, lawns, parking on unmarked or grass areas, intersections, service drives, crosswalks, or impeding flow of traffic. EACH OFFENSE: $75.00.
- Moving Violations (Oxford College Citation): Operating a vehicle on campus property by driving over 10 miles per hour. Any reckless driving and disregard for pedestrian safety. EACH OFFENSE: $75.00.
- Parking in a handicap access parking space. EACH OFFENSE: $200.00.
- Removal of wheel boot. EACH OFFENSE: $100.00.
- Unauthorized parking in reserved spaces for college vehicles including the fleet vehicle spaces, RLC spaces, Enterprise Share car spaces, electric car charging spaces or any spaces indicated as reserved. EACH OFFENSE: $150.00.
- Driving or parking on the quadrangle or any bricked area or area blocked off to vehicular traffic. This includes parking at the bollards near the entrances to campus blocking access to campus for emergency vehicles. EACH OFFENSE: $150.00.
Oxford College policy requires that all parking tickets be paid in full prior to:
- registration for the following term
- release of transcripts for transfer to Emory and/or other institutions
- graduation from Oxford College
- receiving a parking permit for the next academic year or semester.