Welcome to Oxford CCS
Oxford College Counseling and Career Services (CCS) supports the mission of the College by providing services and programs that can assist you in achieving your personal and academic goals.
We offer a wide variety of services to suit a wide variety students' mental health and academic needs.
- Individual counseling and counseling on relationships to help students explore and resolve their personal problems or concerns. Students seek our help, for example, to learn how to study more effectively, to learn new ways to approach an interpersonal conflict, to learn helpful strategies to cope with stress, or to gain understanding and, hopefully, overcome feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Career counseling and assessment services. Students seek our career services to request assistance in deciding a major, choosing a suitable career, finding an internship, and writing or revising resumes and cover letters
- Psychiatry services provided by a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Referrals to students who prefer to receive care off-campus or to students with issues that fall outside of the scope of services that we provide.
To schedule a counseling appointment, call 770.784.8394 and ask the receptionist to find an available time that fits your schedule.
To learn more about Oxford College Counseling and Career Services can meet your needs, explore this website. If you have questions not answered on this website, feel free to email Dr. Gary D. Glass, Interim Director, Counseling and Career Services, for counseling-related questions at email@example.com.
For career-related questions, please contact Ami Hernandez, LMSW, Coordinator, Career Services, 770.784.8394, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Fees: All personal counseling, career counseling and psychiatry services are provided at no cost to all enrolled Oxford College students. However, there are fees for missed appointments. For appointments not cancelled within 24 hours students will be charged a $10.00 fee for missed personal counseling appointments and a $30.00 fee for missed psychiatry appointments.
Making an appointment is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Call Counseling and Career Services during regular working hours at 770.784.8394. Let the receptionist know you are interested in meeting with a counselor.
Counseling and Career Services is located in the same suite as Student Health Service in East Village, Murdy Hall.
2. You will be asked to complete some paperwork. You may come to Counseling and Career Services to receive and complete the forms or you can access the forms online.
3. To protect your confidentiality, we ask that you bring us the completed forms in person. Once we have the paperwork in hand, we can schedule an appointment for you to meet with a counselor.