Counseling and career services.
The Counseling and Career Services (CCS) office provides ethical and competent mental health and career guidance services to all Oxford students. You'll find here a variety of services here including:
- career counseling and assessment
- individual counseling
- psychiatry services provided by a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Students also seek our help to learn
- how to study more effectively
- helpful strategies to cope with stress
- ways to overcome feelings of anxiety and depression
- new ways to approach an interpersonal conflict with counseling on relationships
CCS also provides referrals as needed for psychological testing, inpatient and partial hospitalization, nutritional counseling, substance abuse evaluation and counseling, long-term psychotherapy, or any issue that cannot be effectively managed here at Oxford.
We realize there are students in need who do not visit our facility. To extend our expertise and services to all students, we offer outreach programs on a variety of issues including:
- career exploration
- academic success
- emotional health and wellness
College is a time to prepare yourself for your future, and this includes making career choices. Our Office of Career Services can:
- help you focus your job and internship searches and to introduce you to the (university-based and independent) resources best suited to your needs
- offer standardized assessment tools for students who want to explore academic and professional applications of their interests, values, and strengths
- discuss possible majors, dual-degree programs, and professional and graduate school plans
- help with facing tough questions, navigating disappointments, or testing new ideas about your academic path and identity
- guide you in writing or refining resumes, cover letters, personal statements, essays and other application materials
Our staff members are trained and licensed in psychotherapy and counseling. In addition to counseling with these trained professionals, we offer psychiatry services provided by a licensed, board-certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
All personal counseling, career counseling and psychiatry services are provided at no cost to enrolled Oxford College students.
Hours and Location
8:30 a.m.–noon and 1:00–5:00 p.m.
Murdy Residence Hall, First Floor
Students who need psychological attention after hours should contact the Residence Life Coordinator on duty at 770-784-8377.
Counseling and Career Services
Oxford College of Emory University
104 Moore Street
Oxford, GA 30054